• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com

In this amazing episode of 'Another Walk with Mike,' entitled 'The Gulf Is Alive,' your eyes will be tantalized as Mike free dives the marvelous waters of the panhandle.

You'll witness a King Mackerel take a meal before your eyes. An octupus occupy a hole. A trio of Crabs involved in fisticuffs. Colorful squid, rays and beautiful reef fish.

You'll see shells dug from the crystal white sands and you'll discover... another adventure is always only 'Another Walk with Mike' away.

Everyone, I am so excited. I feel that this may be my most explosive video yet. Though it's difficult to compare, this one has so much to offer. My adventures in the forests were so memorable. My trip to the barrier island. My face offs with poisonous vipers and the connection I've felt with Nature.

But in this video, 'The Gulf Is Alive', you will see what I saw, as close as the video camera can approximate. And believe me, I saw a lot. This should be mandatory viewing for any serious Nature lover along the panhandle, much less 30A :eek:

We need to appreciate what we have. Darn, that makes me remember. I meant to include some debris I found on the Gulf bottom. I wanted to show how some people don't have the proper respect for our waters and environment.

But truly, I could not have included it. Youtube only allows up to 10 minute videos and believe me, this one is packed with non-stop action. It is filled with exciting footage and memorable images. You will see some of what I've been experiencing but was unable to share with you. Consequently, you will see why I was so frustrated with my camera being broken all summer.

You will also see what I am so passionate about, and why I want to find a means to continue 'living life' by way of the spirit. I feel like I have done a great deed in sharing what see. I feel a sense of accomplishment. Community. Transcnedence.

As a boy, I could only imagine doing something like this. Movie making was for the Spielbergs and Hitchcocks. But I am doing it now. I am showing people what a special world lies below the level of the surface. Where the water meets the air is epic. But it need not divide. For I have passed the softest of barriers and I have traveled below.

And it is a world of color, vibrance and movement. Join me on this trip and discover what I have. And if you are of means and can help me continue my journey, feel free to contact me. I am looking for a way and trying to live a life vested in Karma.

Join me if you can!

Yarmap

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Northeast Alabama
Great vedio Mike-----------Thanks.

elenamaria

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
Wow--that's better than the Discovery channel (and no commercials)! I'm amazed at the abundance of life out there...I really had no idea. What a wonderful tool to educate and amaze people...I wonder if any of the local schools would like to use your footage for their classes?

So how far off the shore were you?

And when you scan for sharks, if you see one, what would you do? Just curious...

Thanks so much for sharing this with us all. Superb job!

ElenaMaria

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
hooray! glad you have your camera back...and the gulf is clearing up for you!

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
great video Mike. Can you make the next one a PG rating. I want to share with my 6 year old. LOL

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
FANTASTIC!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Tell us, where were you exactly? Were you with a tank? I am sure you must have been. I've never seen ANYTHING like this in the gulf. Just shows you what I know ;-)

Please give us more details!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!

G

EDIT: Read that it was FREE DIVING! Awesome! So did you use weights and fins? I just can not get over how much I love this video! You did a FIRST CLASS JOB with it!

Last edited:

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Wow--that's better than the Discovery channel (and no commercials)! I'm amazed at the abundance of life out there...I really had no idea. What a wonderful tool to educate and amaze people...I wonder if any of the local schools would like to use your footage for their classes?

So how far off the shore were you?

And when you scan for sharks, if you see one, what would you do? Just curious...

Thanks so much for sharing this with us all. Superb job!

ElenaMaria

I couldn't sleep last night. So, so tired at 8 a.m. but it took so long to get everything together, including figuring out how to get music on there legally, that I couldn't wind down. It was 4 a.m. before I could sleep.

Thanks for the kindest of words. I haven't seen a shark in a while, but it scares me. That Mackerel was huge. It doesn't show up in the film, but trust me it was big. And the speed at which it shot through the school, and from out of nowhere, made me take note.

After the encounter I was startled by a few things like grass or shadows from waves etc. And when larger fish surrounded me I wondered about a shark shooting through.

But again, thanks for your verbal support and validation. It guides me.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
great video Mike. Can you make the next one a PG rating. I want to share with my 6 year old. LOL

Yep, sorry about the menage a trois comment and the flirting etc. Darn, I just can't help myself sometimes. I could always create another version so questions from young ens wouldn't be asked. I apologize. All in good fun though.

Thanks so much goodwitch for the suppport.