• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

learn2live

Beach Crab
Jul 17, 2009
When I mentioned to a friend and neighbor of mine that I was Florida bound this weekend, she mentioned that her good friend is in Pensacola vacationing and she had just sent her pictures of a shark near the beach...to her iphone. Ummm. This slightly sparked my interest since I planned on NOT seeing sharks while I'm there w/ my children this weekend. She whipped out her phone and searched for the pictures to show them to me. OMG! I bugged her today to send them to my email address so I could see them enlarged. Now if I can figure out how to send these pictures w/ this thread. I'm no shark or fish expert, but ...do you see that the shark is chasing and is probably the reason it's in such shallow water. GEEEZUM! I was sooo excited about doing some surf fishing for the first time...was. Nervous is more like it now.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
Holy Sushi Mama! What a sight!

The schools of fish have been incredible lately, likely some good fishing to be had.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
From what I understand, they are lurking with us more than we know. Be careful!

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I'm going to go out on a limb and despite the lack of anything else in the frame for size reference I'll say that it wasn't that big. The waves are ripples. Looks like a dogfish...long pointy snout.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
I'm going to go out on a limb and despite the lack of anything else in the frame for size reference I'll say that it wasn't that big. The waves are ripples. Looks like a dogfish...long pointy snout.

dogfish1.jpg

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
From what I understand, they are lurking with us more than we know. Be careful!

I have flown via helicopter the coastal area from PCB to PNS many times. It is not uncommon to see multiple sharks between the first/second sand bars well within 20-30 ft of people. Seldom do you see the traditional "jaws fin" above the water, but they are there........:blink:

dadum....dadum....dadadada......:shark: