• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
I'd rather have people come here that respect the natural beauty of the beaches such that they feel personally responsible to pick up and properly discard their own trash before they leave.....I don't care whether they have a tent, or how big (or small) it is. Whomever(s) came up with the maximum arbitrary recto-cranial tent size of 6x6 was a small thinker. We regulate and prosecute the minutiae; time wasted that would be better spent on resolving or prosecuting the issues that truly matter......

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I'd rather have people come here that respect the natural beauty of the beaches such that they feel personally responsible to pick up and properly discard their own trash before they leave.....I don't care whether they have a tent, or how big (or small) it is. Whomever(s) came up with the maximum arbitrary recto-cranial tent size of 6x6 was a small thinker. We regulate and prosecute the minutiae; time wasted that would be better spent on resolving or prosecuting the issues that truly matter......

Very thoughtful and interesting opine. I read it several times and I agree with it.

The challenge lies in the last sentence and deciding what issues "truly matter", I think that's where everyone is all over the map.

What matters to the County is $$$. Nothing more, nothing less.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
The challenge lies in the last sentence and deciding what issues "truly matter", I think that's where everyone is all over the map.....

I think we can agree tent size does not fall into this category. Ironically, as I walked the beach on Saturday, there were miles of tents in every shape and size you can imagine.....I guess that Barney Fife and his trusty measuring tape would have been like the one-legged man in a hiney-kicking contest trying to enforce The Tent Law! It gave me a chuckle....

A rhetorical question: If you have two "legal" 6x6 tents erected side-by-side, thereby making a 6x12 tent, is that legit? It shows the preposterousness of the whole 6x6 "law". One could string six tents wide by three deep of 6x6 tents, making an 18x36 tent that would be perfects legit! Gotta love it.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
I think we can agree tent size does not fall into this category. Ironically, as I walked the beach on Saturday, there were miles of tents in every shape and size you can imagine.....I guess that Barney Fife and his trusty measuring tape would have been like the one-legged man in a hiney-kicking contest trying to enforce The Tent Law! It gave me a chuckle....

A rhetorical question: If you have two "legal" 6x6 tents erected side-by-side, thereby making a 6x12 tent, is that legit? It shows the preposterousness of the whole 6x6 "law". One could string six tents wide by three deep of 6x6 tents, making an 18x36 tent that would be perfects legit! Gotta love it.
No cheating allowed.