• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

karl

Beach Lover
Sep 6, 2005
How much would it cost to build a 2 car garage with 1br with bath apartment above with kitchenette? Not luxury just basic.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
There are a lot of variables - number one being who builds it for you. Find a local builder who has been here awhile and has consistent labor.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There are a lot of variables - number one being who builds it for you. Find a local builder who has been here awhile and has consistent labor.

Even then it's hard to find someone for what a lot of contractors consider a "small job".

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Perhaps some local contractors are perusing this forum during the rain and are not too busy to respond. I am also seeking new construction and a remodel.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Hypothetically, let's go with a 27x27' footprint. 729 square feet upstairs finished, at $300 a square foot, 729 feet downstairs unfinished at $150 a square foot. Total cost would be $328,050.00. You can adjust the size of finished and unfinished spaces and your per-sf cost and come up with an estimate of how much you want to spend, then work on a design and go over the plans with a contractor/builder to get an estimate. I'm neither, but I've been through the process before.

Kellygreen

Beach Crab
Oct 2, 2023
Santa Rosa beach
Perhaps some local contractors are perusing this forum during the rain and are not too busy to respond. I am also seeking new construction and a remodel.
I own and operate a design build firm in SRB. We are finishing up projects if you are still looking

karl

Beach Lover
Sep 6, 2005
Hypothetically, let's go with a 27x27' footprint. 729 square feet upstairs finished, at $300 a square foot, 729 feet downstairs unfinished at $150 a square foot. Total cost would be $328,050.00. You can adjust the size of finished and unfinished spaces and your per-sf cost and come up with an estimate of how much you want to spend, then work on a design and go over the plans with a contractor/builder to get an estimate. I'm neither, but I've been through the process before.
Very helpful thank you! It hurts that a carriage house costs more then most of our homes or at least our first home for sure. lol

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Very helpful thank you! It hurts that a carriage house costs more then most of our homes or at least our first home for sure. lol
And your other homes most likely came with the land.