• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Hurry...quick..food has been delivered!

Thanks for the heads up Kitty. What the heck is that thing on the top portion of the nest? Is it an animal/dinner? I wish I could see better when I make the screen full size. It gets pretty fuzzy then.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Yeah, that was awesome. Daddy Eagle is quite vocal! Scared me!! Now, where did he go?

Those baby eagles are absolutely adorable! How long before they leave the nest?

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I'm not seeing the chicklet today. I hope nothing happened to it. I still see the other egg. :dunno:

:sosad:...I didn't see it late yesterday, either.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
When my big Sis was here a couple of weeks ago and I showed her the eagle cam. She said you know they always have two eggs, but only one bird survives.:sosad:

I didn't want to believe her, but she's pretty smart. :blush:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
When my big Sis was here a couple of weeks ago and I showed her the eagle cam. She said you know they always have two eggs, but only one bird survives.:sosad:

I jsut put my fingers in my ears and started singing...lalalalalala.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005

I jsut put my fingers in my ears and started singing...lalalalalala.

Between this and a couple of other things, I need a serious combo. :blink:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Well, when Daddy was so vocal yesterday, my first thought was that it was a distress call and when Mommy showed up, they just stood there together for a bit not doing anything. At that time, I couldn't see them both, but later in the evening, I did see them both. Y'all, I really hope they both make it!!

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
It's raining! Poor babies!! Cowboy can relate~~~~~~

Could someone record these sounds though, please? They truly are amazing and so soothing!

Is that a Hawk in the background (sound, that is)? I have to say, Cowboy is completely mesmerized!!!! And, so am I

Last edited:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
:sosad: Per NC website, first chick did not survive. :sosad: Second one hatched on the 7th. I just checked..neither parent there. :shock: Perhaps they're both hunting now. :dunno: