• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Miramar Beach is in Walton County. So House Bill 631 applies to them too.
Maybe not.

Miramar (and to the west) was renourished. So the beach south of the ECL (erosion control line) is open to the public all the way to the Destin pass, I believe. Renourishment trumps private beach (south of ECL) and so customary use doesn't come into play here. That is unless you're hell bent on setting up chairs and umbrellas north of the ECL instead of closer to the water that most people would do.

Corvettejon

Beach Crab
Sep 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
Any of our Florida State Parks are excellent for going to the beach. Deer Lake is a long haul to the beach But it's beautiful Grayton Beach State Park is very popular. Topsail Hill Preserve State Park is wonderful. Not sure how strict they are about restrictions on alcohol for those who like a cold one.

I agree. You got 1,600 acres at Topsail Hill SP and 2,000 acres at Grayton Beach SP to explore beachfront. And designated public beach access along 30A. Or Miramar Beach along scenic 98 will give you excellent access provided you get to a parking space early at peak times.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I agree. You got 1,600 acres at Topsail Hill SP and 2,000 acres at Grayton Beach SP to explore beachfront. And designated public beach access along 30A. Or Miramar Beach along scenic 98 will give you excellent access provided you get to a parking space early at peak times.
I would never put down our parks but as big and as awesome as they are they don't have much for beach access so ridiculous to hold them up as a solution to private/public beach battle.

Topsail - tram ride necessary. And then a long boardwalk to the beach.
Grayton - a good choice with parking, bathroom, picnic tables, lake access nearby. But there are times in summer when it is packed and you even might have to park at lake access parking and walk to beach access walkover.
Deer Lake - very long walk to beach.
Camp Creek - even longer walk to beach. It's a serious hike.

Not complaining! I'm glad they aren't too beach-user friendly cause they would be ruined already.