• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Onedogwellness

Beach Comber
Apr 1, 2022
Rosemary Beach
Good Morning Friends,

I am looking for a space in this area to open my new business, a bespoke gym + boutique designed for global inclusion + awareness and to benefit the development of people who have experienced trauma- I am working towards opening a food bank hub for those in our area that need assistance as well.

My concept in creating the project involve having a luxury thrift store which benefits local special needs + disadvantaged adults with assistance in living needs + development. The truth in donating with our non profit concept is to continue the legacy of having integration of our communities friends and families with developmental disabilities and disadvantages and awareness around what we can do to continue inclusion for our vulnerable people.

My Somatic therapy gym is a nervous system regulation space for people who are recovering from trauma - or have Autism and are regulating-

I am an Autistic investor, entrepreneur, mother, mentor and coach for those on the spectrum looking for a new developmental modality & continue hoping to make an impact with my story + changing the outcomes for people by recycling our un-needed items and investing this into the direct improvement of local services and community.

If anyone has any leads for a space in south Walton, I have had absolutely no interest or success with resources in bay county as the needs are vastly misunderstood by our own investors and community members in business. Hoping this side of the panhandle will be a bit more inclusive and interested in the concepts.

Thanks for any resources. And feel free to browse our site, now under construction ..

Www.ahismaalchemy.com

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
You may have best luck in Ft. Walton Beach and Niceville - a more diverse and larger population, as well as more reasonable rental rates.

Also for food bank, take a look at existing outfits you might join efforts with - Food For Thought and Caring & Sharing of South Walton.

Onedogwellness

Beach Comber
Apr 1, 2022
Rosemary Beach
Thank you, we are partnering with feeding America and Second Harvest to meet the greater needs. While I recognize that this area is geared more towards the ego centric and developmental constraints of certain social concepts, I won’t pretend like it isn’t a paradox as most of the 1% of our wealthiest are in needs of these services.
Elon Musk himself needs assisted services, many neurotypical can not relate, and the reality of our wealthy moving towards philanthropy and continuing to protect north Florida as one that does not fall victim to the faux paus of a social hierarchy on 30A.

As someone who’s been a local and has seen the needs not being met for our locals who work in your restaurants, boutiques, your families & friends who don’t tell the full stories out of fear of judgement & recognizing that you assume “vulnerable” and disadvantaged means “less than” or poor.

I’m referring to helping people rediscover themselves after serious trauma , that doesn’t have a class or income bracket & I highly prefer to be in this area, I am uncertain where I mentioned an issue with rental rates or diversity.

Please don’t assume 30A isn’t diverse because your personal experience and group isn’t diverse, and thank you for the suggestion.