SoWal Insider Tips for Seaside
It's Seaside's 30th Anniversary. The small SoWal beach town kicked off the new urbanist movement and has hosted generations of familes. Kids are now bringing their kids. Our hearts are firmly rooted in the tree-lined streets bordered by white picket fences.
There's not a much better place to spend a vacation, or just an afternoon. The southern seabreeze carries the pleasent smell of garlic and rosemary from the gulf front retaurants and the central square smells like southern barbecue.
Stand on the porch at Central Square Records and you'll see dozens of our favorite traditions, including amazing sunsets over the gulf.
- Stroll the artists' colony on the first Friday of each month at First Friday Artwalk in Ruskin Place.
- Relax on the lawn for a Central Square Cinema family movie in the Seaside Amphitheater.
- Catch the sunset on Bud & Alley's rooftop bar and ring in the night every night with the sunset bell.
- Walk along the brick-lined streets and admire the traditional yet sometimes whimsical, unique architecture of the southern-style beach homes.
- Visit all the spots where Jim Carrey (over) acted in the Truman Show.
- Feast your senses and stock up for a special dinner at home in Modica Market.
- Walk along Scenic 30A and admire each of the nine unique and beautiful beach pavilions over the dunes.
- Mail a postcard from the iconic and charming post office in the center of Seaside.
- Have brunch on the deck while people watching at Great Southern Cafe.
- Hang out and chow down during a sunny Seaside lunch in the fun and funky airstream food court along Scenic 30A.
- Catch a play indoors or outdoors by the Seaide REP Theatre.
- Fusion Art Glass has some of the most amazing pieces of art you'll ever see - it's not to be missed.
- Take home an iconic piece of Seaside by choosing an amazing piece of leather and pearl jewelry from La Vie Est Belle.