• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Losing old buildings in Louisville, ky is bad/sad, but small towns it's especially impactful. Remember to take photos of common places - schools, groceries, restaurants, they'll be gone someday.
Ellen

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Losing old buildings in Louisville, ky is bad/sad, but small towns it's especially impactful. Remember to take photos of common places - schools, groceries, restaurants, they'll be gone someday.
Ellen
our few old buildings in the SoWal area were not built to last such as the Seagrove Market. It's been on its last leg for years becoming too costly for owners to maintain. I am surprised that the old Grayton store (Red Bar) is still standing, long may it live. That is one thing we are missing here - historic buildings made to last. Then again, there was never a real town with anything made to last until Seaside. Grayton and Seagrove do hold our oldest history however. Grateful for the few homeowners who renovate old cottages instead of tear down and build monsters. Some of the newer monster houses will last forever and that may not be a good thing.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Most of the monster houses are total crap construction. I'd be scared in a light wind in some of them.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Most of the monster houses are total crap construction. I'd be scared in a light wind in some of them.
Especially that ugly box out back from The Red Bar in Grayton. I think it's called "All Decked Out" or something else ridiculous.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Some of the newer ones I've seen in Seagrove Beach are fortresses - they are here forever and ever.

If you're referring to the ones across from Whiskey Bravo then yes, but I don't believe you can rent any of them.