• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lesley Tarrance

Beach Comber
May 5, 2017
texas
I was walking on the beach as I do every afternoon , with my dog we use the beach access by Stallworth Preserve just of Bishop., I have a permit and have had code enforcement check us no problem but tonight I was informed by code that I could not walk that stretch of beach with my dog because it was owned by the homeowners and their was a new rule that prohibits dogs even staying with in the 15 feet of the water line is this true, no code officer has ever said anything just last week we were checked and the officer did not say anything .

Last edited:

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Unless somebody else can produce it the only ordinance on the code enforcement page says what I thought...
"Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to apply to a property owner of the sandy
area next to the mean high tide which would interfere with said owner’s right to have
their own animal on said property.
"
So...they have a say on their sandy area but not below if I'm reading this right, and I don't think they can enforce an unpublished ordinance if it even exists...

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I was walking on the beach as I do every afternoon , with my dog we use the beach access by Stallworth Preserve just of Bishop., I have a permit and have had code enforcement check us no problem but tonight I was informed by code that I could not walk that stretch of beach with my dog because it was owned by the homeowners and their was a new rule that prohibits dogs even staying with in the 15 feet of the water line is this true, no code officer has ever said anything just last week we were checked and the officer did not say anything .
Doesn't sound right.