• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
There's a guy who is doing tours and people are very upset about all the noise. How do you feel about airboat tours? Seems like an airboat is made for marshes and we don't have much of them and will be destroyed by an airboat.

The Window Guy

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Another "cheesy circus" to disrupt our natural environment and most important assets.
Not no, but "HELL NO"
DO NOT TURN SOWAL OR FREEPORT INTO A JOKE!
'Do not kill the goose that laid the golden egg!"

Note: This is my opinion and you asked. If you don't agree or don't like my opinion tuff...
Oh, sorry I am not and never will be PC correct. Now smile :)

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Give me one good reason why you would use an airboat instead of a regular boat? - agree - hell no!

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
No air boats. We live on the river now and the last thing I want to hear or see is a freak`n airboat buzz`n by my dock.

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
We took the tour last year--and I now can understand why airboats are not wanted on the bay. Too noisy...why would we want to disrupt our natural environment and most important assets?

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
We took the tour last year--and I now can understand why airboats are not wanted on the bay. Too noisy...why would we want to disrupt our natural environment and most important assets?
Not to offend, but why did you take it? Did you not know it was noisy? Thought it would be cool?

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING

The Walton County Board of County Commissioners proposes to adopt the following by ordinance:

AN ORDINANCE OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF WALTON COUNTY, FLORIDA ESTABLISHING HOURS AND DAYS OF OPERATION FOR AIRBOATS IN WALTON COUNTY; PROVIDING FOR PURPOSE, LEGISLATIVE FINDINGS, AUTHORITY, SEVERABILITY, INCLUSION IN THE CODE, AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.

You are hereby notified that a Public Hearing on the ordinance will be held on January 9, 2018, beginning at 4:00 p.m., or as soon as possible to that time, at the South Walton County Courthouse Annex located at 31 Coastal Centre Blvd., Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.

Please be governed accordingly.

Walton County adheres to the American with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable modifications for access to the meetings upon request. Please call (850) 892-8110 to make a request. For hearing impaired, please call 1-800-955-8771 (TDD), 1-800-955-8770 (VOICE). Requests must be received at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting to allow time to provide the requested services.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Walton County folded and voted to virtually no limits, allowing airboats Monday through Saturday between 8am and 6pm.