• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Bring your Children to Stand Your Sand, Love Your Lakes & Love Your Parks.

What an important teaching opportunity. Help them learn the importance of our precious coastal lakes, our State Parks and the need to protect and preserve the access and use of our treasured beaches.

If you have a school organization or parent group tell them to join us for this day celebrating these places we all love.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1618617238429200/13315715_10209763920363624_6037255586410581245_n.jpg

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Just plain sad. I'll say it again since children are being invited in multiple threads to participate in a protest of which they have little understanding of.

Yea, that's it. Teach your children while they're young, "Hey little Johnny, do you see that nice piece of private property over there? If you want it, all you have to do is go walk on it and it's yours."

Never mind judicial process - just take it.

And I have to agree with previous posters, WCSO will probably do nothing, especially if children are involved and used as human shields.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Just plain sad. I'll say it again since children are being invited in multiple threads to participate in a protest of which they have little understanding of.

Yea, that's it. Teach your children while they're young, "Hey little Johnny, do you see that nice piece of private property over there? If you want it, all you have to do is go walk on it and it's yours."

And I have to agree with previous posters, WCSO will probably do nothing, especially if children are involved and used as human shields.
What an unbelieveable post! It shows the lack of civility you display on many levels. You not only do not undestand normally recognized beach usage you also do not understand normal parenting.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Absolutely teach your children what's important to you, whether it's preserving nature and protecting our customary use of beaches OR otherwise. Our children are so smart and love our beaches as much as any of us.

The beach is the BEST playground in the entire world. It's the only one you ever really need. Take long walks on the beach with your children and learn about many varieties of birds, sealife, dune systems, lakes and plants and how important it is to appreciate and preserve it all.. And how to leave only your footprints.. If you see some private beach signs talk about the issue but do not disturb them either. Be peaceful and respectful. Teach. What a great way to spend time with family any day of the year.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

So suing a dead person and putting words in their mouth is patriotic?

Porkchop

Beach Comber
Nov 16, 2010
Blue Mountain Beach
fearful of what might happen if the beach walkers get out of control.

Joyia Spann
Seagrove Beach, FL

IF.

Maybe the WCSO should just arrest these "brigands", preemptively, because they might get "out of control."

Joyia needs to pour herself a cup of tea, turn on some Mattlock, and chill the :eek: out.