• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Does that mean we will need it next week? We had them Labor Day week:-( but we know where to get the Cactus Juice:) Ellen

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Does that mean we will need it next week? We had them Labor Day week:-( but we know where to get the Cactus Juice:) Ellen
We never know when those black flies might show up. They do tend to come out in early fall with a North wind. I've never known anything to really repel them except staying in the water. But many swear by the cactus juice.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
It's interesting to see the differences in 30A as we check off a different month each year. I would say the crowds are worse than the flies but then the most of the crowds have been well behaved just makes it hard to get into a restaurant or drive.
So, we have stayed on 30A in January, April, May, June, July, August, September, next week, October, December.
Since we like to get into the water, I think that May, September, and October will be our go to vacation weeks, unless Louisville winters become 5 months long as they have the past two years. Dark, dreary, cold weather :-(
Ellen