• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Hillbilly silly is really chilly :)

Hard to be nice in this forum if you have an opposing view. Better to be tough. When the going gets tough the tough get going otherwise this forum will eat you for a snack. I use to listen to my father's 8 track of Johnny Cash's "A Boy Named Sue". A lot...

Is it worth it? I think you know the answer. Life is Short.

Mike Jones's has a positive solution: Ban the man---- just because you can! Wish my name was Stan or Dan, anything but Sue :)

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
When he wasn't running off long-time, loyal, experienced employees...
Some employees are experienced, some are long time, a few are both. I'm sure Jim Bagby's management style didn't sit well with some "long time employees" of the TDC.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Another way to look at it is he and several other very competent employees are "not from here". It seems to be a common reason to "run off" talent in Walton County.

This place needs to wake up and realize that only hiring and electing from within has made Walton County very inbred in terms of politics and employment. We need some new faces, mindsets, skill sets, etc. But I don't really see the point of putting too much effort in a search process advertising jobs out of the area- any serious talent would do some Google searching before applying, and if they were smart would run immediately cross this place off. Who would want to throw themselves into the super dysfunctional Walton County government frying pan?

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
This place needs to wake up and realize that only hiring and electing from within has made Walton County very inbred in terms of politics and employment.

Agreed.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Another way to look at it is he and several other very competent employees are "not from here". It seems to be a common reason to "run off" talent in Walton County.

This place needs to wake up and realize that only hiring and electing from within has made Walton County very inbred in terms of politics and employment. We need some new faces, mindsets, skill sets, etc. But I don't really see the point of putting too much effort in a search process advertising jobs out of the area- any serious talent would do some Google searching before applying, and if they were smart would run immediately cross this place off. Who would want to throw themselves into the super dysfunctional Walton County government frying pan?
Y'all are on the outside looking in and seem to forget that I have personal knowledge here. I did not work for the TDC but had several colleagues there that I was close to. If you believe that arrogance, narcissistic tendencies and condescending attitudes to female support staff are desirable management attributes, JB is your guy. I can assure you no tears were shed.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Shallows, I'll take exception to your opinions.

First, the TDC Director (regardless WHO they are) are doomed from the start. They have to answer to 6 or 7 bossess (Each BCC, Larry, the Public, special interests, etc.)

The past "director" Dawn was a mere puppet, her strings pulled by BCC members at will. Bagby was not a puppet and that's one of the reasons he's gone.

Another factor, as already pointed out, he's not "from here" and that seems to be the area in our county employment area that gets you the most attention. If your not "from here", you have taken a job away from a good ole boy (girl). You are immediately looked down upon and targeted.

As for your descriptions of Bagbys management style, I think that the words you use could also be interpreted as "professional, organized, and doesn't accept accuses for lack of performance / failures.

There are several employees there that have high paying jobs and very little to do. In the past (Dawn) this was tolerated, even accepted. With Bagby, it was not and it gathered enough push back that instead of supporting the person people put in a position to do a job, they went after him. Got to protect the good ole boys and girls ya'll...

Look for a much less qualified and less professional individual to be hired internally to fill Bagby's spot.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Its not often I agree with John G but his post above is right on IMO. It is time to consider if we even need a TDC structured as it is now. I say no, bed tax money can be put to better use.