• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CeCe S

Beach Comber
Jun 29, 2022
30A area
So the thread deletes comments but let’s people use mindless, hatred & judgmental comments like one must be a bigot, racist, pro slavery because they have no knowledge of history, big picture concepts or deep thought process. Social media allows silence of the truth so our youth can remain simple-minded and manipulated. Go study history while you still can instead of listening to hatred from 1 side trying to turn American and the south into the mess they left. And that’s coming from someone who’s from MD. Also slave labor has just been sent abroad so stop buying from China then my friend! and other places that allow this and steal jobs from black, white and brown Americans. A flag is the least of our problems but destroying and rewriting history for political manipulation only allows one to be doomed to repeat.

Last edited:

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
You sound like the radical…. Get rid of history! Hid it under a rug! and everything about southern history is solely about slavery… blah blah blah. Economics,$$$, is always behind power of govt … not human rights like they claim! wake up! It was ALSO about state rights and the federal govt’s infringement. The south built jobs and was the economic engine despite what the govt’s efforts tried to destroy! Just like they TRIED to do again during Covid. And where did all the libs run… the “deplorable” south!!! Go figure! ”Those who do not learn from the experience of history are doomed to repeat it”! People like you are the PERFECT pawn for the govts propaganda, especially today! Bc they haven’t stopped their efforts to infringe on America’s rights. Instead of focusing on just the south they are going after ALL of America. Good grief.
:blink:My reply was deleted because I apparently was accused of attacking you personally.

CeCe S

Beach Comber
Jun 29, 2022
30A area
:blink:My reply was deleted because I apparently was accused of attacking you personally.
Well this is not a simple issue and I don’t mean to be rude but history is a passion and we all need to understand the big picture. Too much hatred n divisiveness in our nation when we all should be uniting instead of allowing forces to manipulate n divide.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Well this is not a simple issue and I don’t mean to be rude but history is a passion and we all need to understand the big picture. Too much hatred n divisiveness in our nation when we all should be uniting instead of allowing forces to manipulate n divide.
I think erecting statues and monuments celebrating armed rebellion in defense of slavery adds to the divisiveness in this nation. Your thoughts?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Attacking other members is verboten.
Sometimes PoppaJ uses language that probably does cross the line. But his ideas behind his language are almost always correct and precise.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Those who Hate. Be grateful that 'your' parents had 'you' because otherwise, you might have been one of the hated. And think how you treat them. (I think there might be a biblical phrase there, maybe, do unto others...) Ellen

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I cannot unite behind glorifying the slave trade.
It’s like the neofascists or Charles Manson’s family celebrating and building monuments to mass murder because it’s part of their heritage.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I cannot unite behind glorifying the slave trade.
It’s like the neofascists or Charles Manson’s family celebrating and building monuments to mass murder because it’s part of their heritage.
No you can't connect those dots. I do not think anyone has purposely glorified slave trade. You can even make a case that if your or I buy any products from China we are on the hook for glorifying cheap labor. Please everyone just use common sense. Stop blaming and shaming. It is counterproductive. We can disagree about the Civil War. We can disagree about many things but we ALL make mistakes of good judgement. When you try so hard to blame the South, blame the political right, blame the uneducated, blame the Christians, blame rural America all you are doing is hurting our cause. Can we not see that we are no better than those we blame?