Sinfonia Classical Connections feat. SYBARITE5
Sinfonia Gulf Coast Classical Connections Series features SYBARITE5 at Grace Lutheran Church on Friday, January 26, 2018 at 7:30pm. Tickets available online at sinfoniagulfcoast.org.
SYBARITE5 is one of the most exhilarating string groups on the scene today. Performing their compilation "Everything In Its Right Place," a melange of Mozart to Piazzolla to Radiohead, the quintet joins Sinfonia's full orchestra. Also on the program is Beethoven’s "Symphony no. 2", Rossini’s overture to "The Italian in Algiers" and Stravinksy’s whimsical "Suite no. 2".
“Their rock star status…is well deserved. Their classically honed technique mixed with grit and all out passionate attack transfixes the audience…” That is how the Sarasota Herald Tribune described SYBARITE5, the first string quintet ever to win the Concert Artists Guild International Competition. Comprised of Sami Merdinian and Sarah Whitney, violins; Angela Pickett, viola; Laura Metcalf, cello; and Louis Levitt, bass, SYBARITE5 has taken audiences by storm all across the US, forever changing the perception of chamber music performance. From the moment their bows hit the strings, this quintet of talented, diverse musicians takes the audience on an exciting ride that engages the senses and redefines the rule. sybarite5.org
"Expect an experience that will satisfy your inner rock star and your secret Mozart." -Arizona Daily Star
The 12th season continues Sinfonia’s tradition as a symphony redefined by presenting a stellar line up that celebrates the classics with a twist including:
- Oct 24: An Evening with Chris Mann with wine dinner at Flemings @ 5:30pm followed by performance at upstairs theatre. Grand Boulevard
- Nov 9: Classical Connections with cellist Sang-Eun Lee. Grace Lutheran Church @ 7:30pm. Destin
- Dec 15: A Rockin' Holiday with Mary Wilson of the Supremes concert at Destiny Worship Center @ 7:30pm. Miramar Beach
- Jan 26: Classical Connections featuring SYBARITE5 string quintet at Grace Lutheran Church @ 7:30pm. Destin
- Mar 3: Classical Connections with violinist Corinne Stillwell. Grace Lutheran Church @ 7:30pm. Destin
- Mar 31: Sinfonia Gala Event presenting the world premiere of Meredith Willson’s The Music Man in Concert at Emerald Coast Convention Center @ 7:30pm. Fort Walton Beach
- May 27: Sinfonia Goes Pops concert in Alys Beach amphitheater over Memorial Day weekend. Alys Beach
As the region’s only fully professional symphony orchestra, Sinfonia Gulf Coast is committed to presenting high-caliber events and providing much-needed educational initiatives throughout the Northwest Florida Gulf Coast region. Proceeds from the all events benefit Sinfonia Gulf Coast and its music education programs, which include musicians/guest artists in schools, free orchestra concerts, bus transportation for students, Sinfonia Youth Orchestra program, Arts in Medicine with Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast, LINK UP concerts with third through fifth grades in participation with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Institute of Music, the annual Paint the Music Project and more.
SoWal.com is a proud Presenting E-media Sponsor for Sinfonia's 12th season. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit SinfoniaGulfCoast.org or call 850-460-8800. Stay social for updates on upcoming concerts and special events all season long on Facebook: Sinfonia Gulf Coast. Find Sinfonia on Instagram and Twitter too. Join us and be a part of the conversation using #SinfoniaGulfCoast.
More Events at Sinfonia Gulf Coast
|7:30 pm||Sinfonia Classical Connections feat. SYBARITE5||Sinfonia Gulf Coast|
|7:30 pm||Sinfonia Classical Connections feat. Violinist Corinne Stillwell||Sinfonia Gulf Coast|
|7:30 pm||Sinfonia Gala Event: Meredith Willson's THE MUSIC MAN at the Symphony||Sinfonia Gulf Coast|
|7:30 pm||Sinfonia Goes Pops at Alys Beach||Alys Beach Merchants, Sinfonia Gulf Coast|
Map of this Event