South Walton Community Council
The South Walton Community Council is a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving, protecting and enhancing the quality of life and the unique natural environment in South Walton County. Founded in 1995, SWCC is a nonpartisan coalition of several hundred residents, property owners, employees, neighborhoods and business owners working together toward these goals.
Through educational programs and other activities, SWCC helps to preserve South Walton's natural assets: Beaches, dunes, coastal dune lakes, floodplains, wetlands, forests and native vegetation.
To protect the quality of our South Walton Community, SWCC:
* Conducts community forums
* Communicates issues and concerns through member updates
* Monitors development activities
* Collaborates with public and private organizations
* Works on the preservation of neighborhoods
* Supports county and state agencies responsible for overseeing environmentally sensitive and neighborhood compatible development.