Explore the Outdoors on October 6 in Freeport
We're always encouraging visitors and locals to get outside more! That's just what the Explore The Outdoors Festival on Oct. 6, 2012 aims to do. The event will be 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the beautiful Live Oak Landing RV Resort at 229 Pitts Avenue in Freeport.
The fun-filled day is geared towards introducing children to the wonders of exploring the outdoors. It's free, and open to the public. Hands on activities will include fishing, boating, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, wildlife encounters, interactive educational exhibits and much more.
• Fishing basics and ethics with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
• Cast a line with Bass Pro Shop fishing pro
• Fishing with Wounded Warrior Fishing Charter
• Pontoon rides along Black Creek
• Stand up paddle boarding with YOLO
• Wildlife exhibit with Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge
• Nonie’s Ark animal encounters
• Birding in Northwest Florida with the Choctawhatchee Audubon
• Florida State Parks watershed and sea turtle interactive presentations
• Smoky the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Monarch butterflies and migration tagging with naturalist Joe Wyatt
• Beekeeping with Dietrich’s Honey Farm
• Great outdoor giveaways for children
About Walton Outdoors:
Walton Outdoors is the online source for outdoor adventure in Walton County, Florida and surrounding area. Our mission is to share great places to explore the outdoors and educate our readers on the wonders of Northwest Florida’s natural world. For more information go to: www.waltonoutdoors.com/explorefest or call (850) 267-2064.
About the author
Offering news, features, insider tips & info, photos and video all across the South Walton area.