07-02-2012, 01:29 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
- South Walton, near the bay
Archaeology Kisds Museum Camp Changes Dates and Lowers Price
Museum Staff has changed the dates for the Archaeology Kids Museum Summer Camp. Plus, they have lowered the cost! Click HERE to see the previous post for complete details.
What has changed:
- New Dates: August 6-9th 2012 (Monday-Thursday)
- New Cost: $60 for all four days
- Covers all snacks and materials
What has not changed:
· The same topics will be covered:
o Digging Into the Past. Campers will experience a mock excavation and field archaeology.
o Partners with the Past. Campers will learn about early Native American life as they analyze artifacts and create a museum exhibit.
o Bringing the Past to Life. Campers will learn about Historic Archaeology as they travel to local archaeological sites.
o Wet Wonders. Campers will experience many of the aspects of Underwater Archaeology.
o The Solution to History. Campers will experience Forensic Archaeology as they use what they have learned to solve a history-based crime.
· Registration forms must be filled out at the Indian Temple Mound Museum during regular operating hours
o 10:00am-4:30 pm Monday-Saturday
o 139 Miracle Strip Parkway SE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
· Camp is for students going into the 3-6th grades in the fall.
· Camp will run from 8:00am-12:30pm each day
If you have any questions about the camp, please don’t hesitate to call us at 850-833-9595.
By Gwen Break in forum Events and ActivitiesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-21-2012, 10:36 AM
By Gwen Break in forum Events and ActivitiesReplies: 0Last Post: 05-31-2012, 04:21 PM
By alstream in forum Events and ActivitiesReplies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2010, 08:52 AM
By RideOnSurf in forum Business, Goods and ServicesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-11-2009, 10:29 PM