Thread: reco. for residential drafting and engineering service

reco. for residential drafting and engineering service

wife & I recently purchased lot in SR B. looking to get started with plans for home etc... desire good leads. thanks

Are you looking for an architect or looking to go cheapo? There are sme cheap and good architects around right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tailwagger View Post
    Are you looking for an architect or looking to go cheapo? There are sme cheap and good architects around right now.
    I would love to say $ is no object.. looking to build small home approx 1500sqft. I certainly would use architect, but the $ may dictate a draftsman and seperate engineering. Heading up next week to make some inroads here.. tnx

Tim Tricker is the best! We are currently working with him for our house plans. 850-585-5237

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tailwagger View Post
    I'll bet you can get a good deal on an architect, Unfortunately for them, architects aren't making any money now according to Forbes.

Our daughter was an architecture major at MIT. Thank God she changed majors. Can you imagine if we had paid that much money for 4 years, then she would have had to do a masters, and then a two-year internship just to get a real job? MIT only offers need-based scholarships (we didn't qualify) because anyone smart enough to get into MIT is deserving of an academic scholarship so they don't give them (unless you're a minority, and then you can get in with a 1200 SAT as our daughter's best friend did).

If I had another child, we'd check Hispanic, and that child would get into every Ivy League school plus MIT plus any other top-ten school with a scholarship.

She did get a full-ride for a 5 year bachelors and masters degree at our alma mater, Tulane. But how can you turn down being accepted at MIT.?

I digress. I think you can find a reasonably priced architect. Do either of you know Sketch-Up? Hubby does. and he built a 3-D graphical model of what we wanted which futher decreased our architectural fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny View Post
    Tim Tricker is the best! We are currently working with him for our house plans. 850-585-5237
    Seconded!

Franny... Tnx for recommendation We are heading up there next week. I will contact him.

Get an architect instead of a draftsman and save yourself a ton of trouble and money in the long run.
    Basically, I'm just passing through on my way to Australia.

Contact Lewis Jones. He has been building homes in Walton County including the communities along 30A for over 25 years. He builds on a cost plus basis and is able to offer existing plans that can be modified to your needs or work with you on developing your plan and ideas. I am working with him to build an 1800 sq ft Coastal cottage on a lot near Gulf Place that I purchased in March.
    Email: ffimg@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ny4fd View Post
    Franny... Tnx for recommendation We are heading up there next week. I will contact him.
    Excellent! You will not be disappointed!