You've heard of the twice baked potato, right? Well I got to thinking, what if you were to kick it up a notch by adding some pulled pork BBQ or some smoked chicken? The idea had my mouth watering, so I had to try it! This a great way to use up some leftover BBQ from the fridge.
Serving Size: 1 Potato per person
Time: 1 hour
- What you'll need:
- Large baking potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Aluminum foil
- Smoked chicken, pulled, chopped or shredded
- Green onions, chopped finely
- BBQ sauce, I recommend Olwoodfire Grill's Taylor Made BBQ Sauce, available here soon!
- Butter or margarine
- Shredded cheese, any kind you like
- Cored and de-seeded jalapeno, halved or sliced
- Baked potato toppings to your liking
- Small paring knife
- Ice cream scoop
- When the potatoes have finished cooking, bring them in and use a small knife to carefully remove the top. Remove the inside contents of the potato with an ice cream scoop and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the smoked chicken,shredded cheese, butter, green onions and BBQ sauce to the potato filling in the mixing bowl and stir. Spoon the mixture back into the potato shell and top off with another shot of BBQ sauce and some more shredded cheese. Place a half of a jalapeno pepper on top for a little spice if you want. Place the potato back on the grill and let all the ingredients melt and blend together.
- When the cheese and butter have melted, bring them in and enjoy! You can substitute the chicken with just about anything you want, as well as the toppings. This is a great meal or side dish, very versatile, and very easy to make.