Thread: Sous Chef
02-01-2010, 03:59 PM #1
Tommy Bahama the purveyor of island lifestyles has evolved their successful men's and women's upscale casual sportswear, golfwear, accessory and home furnishings collections into a well respected restaurant and retail operation that serves up island-inspired fare and lots of tropical fun. Tommy Bahama is looking for a qualified Sous Chef to join our restaurant division.
To provide guest service and maintain the “Tommy Bahama” lifestyle, culture, and atmosphere. Promote a positive guest dining experience through technical excellence and the importance of producing the highest quality food. Develop relationships as a team player.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
Guest Service: Demonstrating the Tommy Bahama philosophy, and ensuring guest satisfaction. Team Development: Guiding, training, scheduling, and developing the team to maximize
sales and guest experience.
Company Relations: Working with other parts of the Tommy Bahama company to ensure maximum
company results are achieved.
Finance and Operations: Focusing on sales and profit as results of efficient and effective guest service. Product Knowledge: Has a working and presentation knowledge of drink and food menus.
Procedures: Ensuring procedures are utilized.
This position may perform a variety of tasks based on the experience level of each incumbent.
• Educates guests on “Tommy Bahama” lifestyle, culture, and atmosphere.
• Generates hospitality and flexibility with the guest.
Team Development -
• Develops “Tommy Team” through hiring and training for the continue growth of team members.
• Performs as a “team player” demonstrating leadership and coaching skills.
• Generates hospitality and flexibility with the team.
Company Relations -
• Has “Global Thinking” in mind with regards to teams, community, and lifestyle.
Finance and Operations-
• Show decision-making skills that reflect “Tommy Bahama” lifestyle while maintaining a business balance in regards to food and labor.
• Actively reviews food and operational costs to create a profitable environment.
• Understand and provide safety precautions and procedures for the team and the guest.
• Strives for achievement of the highest quality food products.
• Continues education of self and team members with regards to lifestyle, procedures, presentation, and policies.
• Awareness to details in overseeing daily operations to include food prep, sanitation, paperwork, and guest service.
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
1+ years restaurant- chef experience
Management team supervision helpful
Guest service experience
Open to travel
Tommy Bahama is full of smart, creative islanders. We support a work hard, play hard culture and hope you are ready for the challenge. We provide excellent compensation packages, including medical/dental/vision benefits, a 401K with company match, generous clothing discounts, aloha/paid time off, and much more.
HOW TO APPLY
Walk-ins preferred (525 Grand Blvd.Suite P-101 Sandestin, FL 32550). You may also apply online http://www.tommybahama.apply2jobs.com. Find out more about Tommy Bahama on our website: Tommy Bahama Official Site: Island Inspired Men's Clothing, Women's Clothing, Men's Shirts, Swimwear, & More.. Tommy Bahama is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We look forward to hearing from you. Mahalo (thank you)!
By Dia in forum Dining and FoodReplies: 2Last Post: 04-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Job Available: Chef Will at Zampieri's needs a Sous ChefBy Beachmayes in forum EmploymentReplies: 0Last Post: 04-09-2009, 12:28 PM
By JamBone in forum EmploymentReplies: 1Last Post: 09-28-2008, 06:48 PM
By JamBone in forum EmploymentReplies: 12Last Post: 02-14-2008, 10:54 AM
By Childcare4u in forum EmploymentReplies: 0Last Post: 11-06-2007, 08:58 AM