The most comprehensive and current source of events for South Walton and Scenic 30A.

Thread: Best Neighborhoods for Trick or Treating?

Best Neighborhoods for Trick or Treating?

Hey ya'll -

This is our first Halloween on 30a. Unfortunately, our neighborhood is a tad sparse for Trick 'r Treating.

Anyone have any ideas for my little goblins?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

the merchants of seaside, rosemary & baytown wharf in sandestin all put on trick or treating events.
    we always do baytown. no traffic to contend with and there's a fireworks show at the end of the night.

Images
    I don't know anybody that trick or treats in neighborhoods- everyone goes to one of the resorts mentioned by Grace.

I would ask your kids' friends where they go- it is fun to go to the same trick or treat as friends. It works out for us that most of our friends and kids' friends are at Seaside. I did hear that Rosemary has a great Halloween plan too.

Images
    For neighborhoods, try Flamingo Village (between Butler and 98). We usually went to Silver Sands.

Unless something has changed, the thing about Seaside is that the trick or treat sponsored by the merchants is just too dang early for working parents. This may not be an issue this year since Halloween is on Saturday. But after arriving at 6:00 p.m. with an excited 4-year old many years ago and finding out it was over, I swore off Seaside for Halloween. (Fortunately Mr. Charlie let ShallowsSquirt raid the candy rack...bless his heart!)
    Go Seminoles...fight team fight...SCALP'EM!!

My nephews have done Seaside and Rosemary. They love running around with all the other kids! You can take a picnic, let the kids run around and have fun!

Every year us old folks lament that trick or treating from house to house is in the past.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who replied....once again, SoWal has saved my social life....

Happy Halloween!

If you're looking for an actual neighborhood to go to, my neighborhood is as close to old school treat or treating as you can get. We have all permanent residents, mostly families, and almost everyone participates. Some houses have haunted houses out front, some parents are camped out on the drive-way cooking on the grill, and tons of kids walking the neighborhood. You are more than welcome to bring your children out. It is the neighborhood of Escada down Sugar Road off of Hwy 98. We usually trick or treat until 8 or so then head to Baytowne for the Spooky fireworks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to patterneddress For This Useful Post:

Images
    What they said! Kids rack up with goodies in communities like Seaside and Rosemary Beach. Hit them all, or hit one this year, another next year,, etc. It is a very safe environment, you can do it in the daylight hours, and you get to see everyone else's costume. I don't do trick or treating anymore, but I always enjoy going to Seaside for the event, to see all the kids in costume.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patterneddress View Post
    If you're looking for an actual neighborhood to go to, my neighborhood is as close to old school treat or treating as you can get. We have all permanent residents, mostly families, and almost everyone participates. Some houses have haunted houses out front, some parents are camped out on the drive-way cooking on the grill, and tons of kids walking the neighborhood. You are more than welcome to bring your children out. It is the neighborhood of Escada down Sugar Road off of Hwy 98. We usually trick or treat until 8 or so then head to Baytowne for the Spooky fireworks.
    We lived in Escada last year, and I can vouch that it was non-stop trick-or-treating. Glad I stocked up on candy.
    Follow your bliss and the Universe will open doors where there were only walls. ~ Joseph Campbell