Thread: Yellow Fly Bite / Treatment

1. Yellow Fly Bite / Treatment

Ok .... so I got bit on the ankle by one of those evil yellow flies! Back a couple of bites ago, I used the onion method on the bite and it worked beautifully. But unfortunately it isn't working for me anymore. My whole foot (bottom included) plus up my leg swelled up into this ginormous elephant looking foot and I could barely walk. Nothing was working on it -- it just kept getting larger, more painful, and torturously itchy!

So, a friend of mine saw it and said she could help. She applied this healing mud very thickly all around the swollen area. It felt so nice and cool and immediately stopped the itch. I did this before bed, let it stay on for about 30 minutes, rinsed. After rinsing, I could tell a difference. But when I woke up this morning, the swelling was significantly down and it hasn't been itchy all day! It's still swollen but nothing like it was. I plan on doing another treatment this evening and fully expect that it will be healed by tomorrow.

It turns out that our friend has just opened a new business in SoWal. And since I am feeling so blessed that she helped end my suffering, I wanted to give her & her new business a shout out. Please pass along her information to anyone you think could benefit from her services. And feel free to tell her the 2bohemians sent you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

AN ADVANCED ALTERNATIVE
    Acupuncture & Holistic Spa
    Located next door to Enzos on the 393

Hours:
    Mon-Wed 10am-1pm
    Thur & Fri 1pm-6pm
    Sat & Sun 10am-6pm

Here is a list of some of the wonderful treatments being offered:

• Acupunture, Reiki, Ear Coning, Shirodhara

• Wellness Massage, Deep Tissue Massage with or without Steam, Hot Stone Massage, Foot Massage with Acupressure

• Clay No Wrap Body Wrap, Organic Sugar & Honey Body Scrub

• Detox Steam, Digestive Steam, Energizing Steam, Aches & Pains Steam, Sports Preparation, Surgery Recovery

• Deep Cleaning Customized Facial, Extreme Exfoliation Peel, Anti-Aging Facial, & Waxing

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2bohemians For This Useful Post:

This is great news! I'm looking forward to trying some services...
    "My life has been a huge adventure, always. I like them bold, I'm done with creepy." - Seagrovegirl

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carol G For This Useful Post:

Images
    I'm not trying to pee on anyone's parade, but as a recent victim of a Yellow Fly bite the mud wouldn't have done a thing for me. If you start feeling faint, the bite swells like that, you have trouble breathing, hives, or any other reaction not considered normal head to a doctor. The one I saw literally saved my life and I'm forever grateful.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SWGB For This Useful Post:

7. Quote Originally Posted by SWGB View Post
    I'm not trying to pee on anyone's parade, but as a recent victim of a Yellow Fly bite the mud wouldn't have done a thing for me. If you start feeling faint, the bite swells like that, you have trouble breathing, hives, or any other reaction not considered normal head to a doctor. The one I saw literally saved my life and I'm forever grateful.
    We completely agree with you that if you are having trouble breathing, experiencing hives or you are feeling faint, you should get to a doc as soon as you can -- allergic reactions are not something to be taken lightly.

Fortunately I was not having those serious of symptoms, and the mud has been amazing --- taking away all of the pain & itching and reducing the swelling. Not saying this kind of treatment would be for everyone .... just sharing my own personal experience while trying to show a little appreciation for a new business in town.

Images
    A typical yellow fly bite should be fine w/ some ice and maybe some anti-itch/anti-histamine meds.

Anything beyond a welt at the bite site needs medical attention - especially if you are experiencing such an extreme reaction.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to scooterbug44 For This Useful Post:

I have found that alchol, and bactine work very well. Also, no itching.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cheesehead For This Useful Post:

Glad the clay treatment I suggested for you worked well. I know the acupuncture helped with swelling as well. Normal bite symptoms can usually last up to two weeks so I am glad to help with that aspect.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beachdoc For This Useful Post:

14. Quote Originally Posted by beachdoc View Post
    Glad the clay treatment I suggested for you worked well. I know the acupuncture helped with swelling as well. Normal bite symptoms can usually last up to two weeks so I am glad to help with that aspect.
    Beachdoc

Glad to see you have joined the SoWal community. Thank you so much for your healing treatments. The clay took all of the pain and the itching away that is really the worst part of the bite for me personally. And you will be happy to know that after receiving the acupuncture, all of the swelling is gone -- I can see my foot again !! It was my first time with the needle and it was a very positive experience. Perhaps we can talk about some sort of maintenance program in the future for the other bohemian in the family.

Yellow Fly bite reactions and Apis

Quote Originally Posted by SWGB View Post
    I am not a medical doctor and you might be opposed to taking advise from people outside the conventional medical realm. But for people like yourself who have experienced such a reaction, there is something else that would be a life saver in case a medical doctor is not readily available. It is something you could keep in your medicine cabinet or car. It is a remedy that takes into account all of the symptoms you listed, not just the itching and swelling, but the hives and the difficulty breathing. It is a homeopathic called Apis and works wonders to stimulate the body to overcome this reaction and restore breathing.
    Joy to the World

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMtn Healing View Post
    I am not a medical doctor and you might be opposed to taking advise from people outside the conventional medical realm. But for people like yourself who have experienced such a reaction, there is something else that would be a life saver in case a medical doctor is not readily available. It is something you could keep in your medicine cabinet or car. It is a remedy that takes into account all of the symptoms you listed, not just the itching and swelling, but the hives and the difficulty breathing. It is a homeopathic called Apis and works wonders to stimulate the body to overcome this reaction and restore breathing.
    I like bioidentical epinephrine.