Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 99 of 99

Thread: How Much Does It Take to Buy A Sheriff's Race?


  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,556
    Images
    2649
    Shallowsnole's statement was about Walton County unions in general, not public service unions.


  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Walton/Okaloosa County and a little south alabama thrown in.
    Posts
    2,695
    Yea but I think we got your meaning SJ.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SoWal via Louisville
    Posts
    17,897
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by SoWalProfire View Post
    SJ,

    You could benefit from doing a little research into the difference between public service Unions (police and fire) and private industry Unions (UAW, Teamsters Etc.) There is a big difference. You seem intelligent and I think you would have some real influence with both Union and non Union working folks if you didn't blindly bash one group or the other.

    It may surprise you to know that most public service Union members are card carrying conservatives. Yep that's right. Republicans

    And we don't practice mind control (except on our evil nemesis, the green goblin)
    Why?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jdarg For This Useful Post:


  5. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,556
    Images
    2649
    I'd add that conservatives and Republicans are not one in the same, so I have no idea why you even mention it. Since you claim to be supporting all Republicans, I am not surprised that your candidates of choice would be Republican, too, otherwise the firefighters' union wouldn't be able to vote for their particular choice in this upcoming primary election. All of this Union talk has me wondering if you guys all stand together in the voting booth.


  6. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Pt Washington
    Posts
    3,961
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiling JOe View Post
    Shallowsnole's statement was about Walton County unions in general, not public service unions.
    Did I comment on unions?

    But since we're here, is there any sheriff's office in the State of Florida that is unionized? Not police department; my question is with Sheriffs only. (And no, I don't know the answer, I am sincerely asking.)
    Go Seminoles...fight team fight...SCALP'EM!!

  7. #56

    Walton Voter

    Campaign finance is an excellent way to follow the paper trail, and I believe that at times promises are made. I personally do believe in donating to the candidate of my choice but I do have a problem with big business using their corporations to shelter funding to a particular candidate.

    I agree with the statement of one of the postings about the county commissioners are the ones that can serve a developer the most. When you talk about campaign funding you should look at Commissioner Pridgen financial report from his last election (2006) and all the monies that was donated to him from out-of-state developers.

    Interestingly enough with the Sheriff's race I would rather look at the family tree and see how far the branches reach into the good old boys of the past in Walton County. I believe that I would prefer a Sheriff with limited family branches. Less chances to grant favors to family members.

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,556
    Images
    2649
    So does someone in the position of Sheriff, allow his family and extended family to break the laws, yet not the general public? In the past, it was always that Judge who you wanted to know if you got into trouble, because he had the most power, not the Sheriff.


  9. #58
    Amen, when our past Sheriff was in office it was amazing how things were conducted!

  10. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by ShallowsNole View Post
    Did I comment on unions?

    But since we're here, is there any sheriff's office in the State of Florida that is unionized? Not police department; my question is with Sheriffs only. (And no, I don't know the answer, I am sincerely asking.)
    There are numerous Unionized Sheriff offices, Duval County and Broward and Metro Dade, just to name a few.

  11. #60
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Westernish end.
    Posts
    20,248
    Images
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiling JOe View Post
    I'd add that conservatives and Republicans are not one in the same, so I have no idea why you even mention it. Since you claim to be supporting all Republicans, I am not surprised that your candidates of choice would be Republican, too, otherwise the firefighters' union wouldn't be able to vote for their particular choice in this upcoming primary election. All of this Union talk has me wondering if you guys all stand together in the voting booth.
    That would be difficult and Bay or Okaloosa would have to come over with the jaws of life to get them out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiling JOe View Post
    So does someone in the position of Sheriff, allow his family and extended family to break the laws, yet not the general public? In the past, it was always that Judge who you wanted to know if you got into trouble, because he had the most power, not the Sheriff.
    It could happen, the district attorney to our East (Steve Meadows) never prosecuted any of his friends and family and usually let them take a plea bargain that was a joke if he had to due to media pressure.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Smiling JOe View Post
    Are you saying that people in this area don't like the idea of paying dues to a Union, only to have the Union, telling them what to do, how to think and how to act? Interesting.
    I was specifically referring to this comment, Joe. My point was that you were making a very broad statement which, post genuine research, you might not have made.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by sowalgayboi View Post
    That would be difficult and Bay or Okaloosa would have to come over with the jaws of life to get them out.


  14. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,556
    Images
    2649
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Beach View Post
    I don't believe that it will make any big difference who the FOP endorses for sheriff in Walton County. .....Walton County has never been too keen on unions in this county. Besides, I heard the FOP had already made their mind up way before the interviews were conducted. I was told that they chose Rick brown, one of their own from okaloosa where their chapter is located. Let's see if true, here in the next few days....when they announce it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShallowsNole View Post
    Did I comment on unions?

    But since we're here, is there any sheriff's office in the State of Florida that is unionized? Not police department; my question is with Sheriffs only. (And no, I don't know the answer, I am sincerely asking.)
    Sorry, it was Life's a Beach to whom I was replying.


  15. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiling JOe View Post

    I just don't see much reason to think that the Sheriff will be working for Charlie Hilton rather than the County.
    Its already apparent by the different level of patrols in the citys neighborhoods. The more affluent neighborhoods see more frequent patrol than the less affluent. Attention to patroling in this city is not based on the demonstrated need as much as the demonstated ability to give support to a campaign. The frustration to the officers who live by the oath must be unbearable. I for one sympathize with the officers. And as for hilton, hah, he doesnt forget anytihing. If mike cant remember, hiltin will remind him.
    Standing in the middle of the political road will only get you run over.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Seeker1 For This Useful Post:


  17. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Johnson View Post
    To answer the question as to my relationship to the sheriff Ralph Johnson, the answer is no. I may live in the county with the citizens but am not related to the current sheriff. Johnson is the 2nd most common name in the United States. namestatistics.com

    My only reason for asking this question is will the sheriff work for the people of the county or for the person who donated the most to their campaign?

    Don't underestimate the latitude that a county sheriff has. Look at the history of the sheriff's in the county.

    I would just hope that people don't look at the contributions and think that the most money has the most citizen's support.

    I am unclear why a Bay County resident would put that much money in a Walton County race.

    After all of what I read about Hilton trying to buy the Bay County TDC positions and the other political position in Panama City Beach several years ago I just put the question out there.

    We have discussed this in the office and thought we would put it in the So Wal and see what others thought. No malicious intent.
    He is close to retirement with the State and wants to come home...just a guess...

    w

  18. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Point Washington
    Posts
    2,510
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker1 View Post
    Its already apparent by the different level of patrols in the citys neighborhoods. The more affluent neighborhoods see more frequent patrol than the less affluent.
    Which city are you referring to?

  19. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Prairieville, La
    Posts
    6,790
    Images
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by rapunzel View Post
    Which city are you referring to?
    If he means the "city of SoWal?" I know of one neighborhood that pays off duty officers to patrol their neighborhood at certain times. I believe that many of them do that...
    The image in a mirror doesn't always reflect the conditions of a soul ~ LN

  20. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by InletBchDweller View Post
    If he means the "city of SoWal?" I know of one neighborhood that pays off duty officers to patrol their neighborhood at certain times. I believe that many of them do that...
    These are known as "off Duty" patrols. They are paid for by the individual community/business. Usually, it is $20 an hour, less taxes, for the "rental" of an officer. Unfortunately, this "rate" has not increased in the past few years as cost have skyrocketed. (There is a topic...)

    I do not like the fact that affluent communities can "rent a cop" for a fee, while our high crime rates continue to increase. I suggest imposing "impact fees" on the developers/builders, who continue to build these new areas. We either raise taxes or do something to get more officers... I guess I just pissed off most of M. Adkinson's supporters...sorry, I'll still probably vote 4U...

    w

  21. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Prairieville, La
    Posts
    6,790
    Images
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    These are known as "off Duty" patrols. They are paid for by the individual community/business. Usually, it is $20 an hour, less taxes, for the "rental" of an officer. Unfortunately, this "rate" has not increased in the past few years as cost have skyrocketed. (There is a topic...)

    I do not like the fact that affluent communities can "rent a cop" for a fee, while our high crime rates continue to increase. I suggest imposing "impact fees" on the developers/builders, who continue to build these new areas. We either raise taxes or do something to get more officers... I guess I just pissed off most of M. Adkinson's supporters...sorry, I'll still probably vote 4U...

    w
    When I was living in Inlet Beach, NOT an affluent community, I was very very pleased with the amount of officers patrolling the neighborhood.

    Why does it bother you that someone wants to pay for a off duty officer? Just curious.
    The image in a mirror doesn't always reflect the conditions of a soul ~ LN

  22. #70

    $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by InletBchDweller View Post
    When I was living in Inlet Beach, NOT an affluent community, I was very very pleased with the amount of officers patrolling the neighborhood.

    Why does it bother you that someone wants to pay for a off duty officer? Just curious.
    Great Question...

    First, in relation to my experiences, no place in South Walton qualifies as a non-affluent neighborhood...

    With that said, I do have issue with the number of officers who physically patrol the areas (meaning they are responsive to actual calls). I remember when there were only two officers in all of S.Wol between 3am and 7am. I am sure others have more stories, like when there was one (1). Nothing like back-up when you need it...

    I just believe that the tax dollar should be distributed in an equal manner with forces being sent out to the areas of most need; ie. those with high crime and or the potential of such (based on documented case info.) Spring Break on the S.End is a good example. Break-ins on the S.End is another. You rarely hear of a cow being molested in Paxton, yet there are three (3) officers up there... Mooo.

    w

  23. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SoWal via Louisville
    Posts
    17,897
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Great Question...

    First, in relation to my experiences, no place in South Walton qualifies as a non-affluent neighborhood...

    With that said, I do have issue with the number of officers who physically patrol the areas (meaning they are responsive to actual calls). I remember when there were only two officers in all of S.Wol between 3am and 7am. I am sure others have more stories, like when there was one (1). Nothing like back-up when you need it...

    I just believe that the tax dollar should be distributed in an equal manner with forces being sent out to the areas of most need; ie. those with high crime and or the potential of such (based on documented case info.) Spring Break on the S.End is a good example. Break-ins on the S.End is another. You rarely hear of a cow being molested in Paxton, yet there are three (3) officers up there... Mooo.

    w
    Then you must not be familiar with our area. There are places that are not affluent at all, and quite a few that are really sad. Not every neighborhood here is full of wealthy second homeowners and millionaire families.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jdarg For This Useful Post:


  25. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Pt Washington
    Posts
    3,961
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    I remember when there were only two officers in all of S.Wol between 3am and 7am.
    You mean that changed?
    Go Seminoles...fight team fight...SCALP'EM!!

  26. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    DeFuniak Springs
    Posts
    4,134
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Great Question...

    First, in relation to my experiences, no place in South Walton qualifies as a non-affluent neighborhood...
    I don't know. There were some places over in Old Town of Santa Rosa Beach that I would have trouble describing as affluent.


  27. #74
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sowal
    Posts
    16,744
    Images
    95
    We have a high crime rate? There was a rash of petty thefts and some kid vandalism, but I haven't heard about many local crimes.

    I must have missed it living in my affluent ivory tower!

  28. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by wrobert View Post
    I don't know. There were some places over in Old Town of Santa Rosa Beach that I would have trouble describing as affluent.
    Yeah that... trust me, I'm in the nice part of where you're talking about and I can't imagine having to live a few blocks back from here.
    CK

  29. #76
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sowal
    Posts
    16,744
    Images
    95
    There are parts of that area I've skedaddled right back out of while looking for property!

  30. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterbug44 View Post
    There are parts of that area I've skedaddled right back out of while looking for property!
    We have drunk vagrants that stumble down my street pretty often. It was worse when that makeshift bar was open in the back of that gas station. I was really upset with that situation because it was obviously contributing to the problem.

    I've heard that it's not unusual for cops to find abandoned stashes of stolen goods down past the end of our street in the woods. Since my husband works at night, I often arrive home from running errands or visiting family, at night and it's very dark with no streetlights. It's pretty scary, toting two little kids into the house and such under those circumstances. Yet, like I said, I'm not in the really bad areas. I too have gotten caught on dead-end streets while looking for property or trying to find a friends house and pretty much panicked while trying to back up and turn around. There are actually people living in some of those trailers that have rust holes so large you can see in them.
    CK

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to ckhagen For This Useful Post:


  32. #78

    Call Tony

    Quote Originally Posted by ckhagen View Post
    We have drunk vagrants that stumble down my street pretty often. It was worse when that makeshift bar was open in the back of that gas station. I was really upset with that situation because it was obviously contributing to the problem.

    I've heard that it's not unusual for cops to find abandoned stashes of stolen goods down past the end of our street in the woods. Since my husband works at night, I often arrive home from running errands or visiting family, at night and it's very dark with no streetlights. It's pretty scary, toting two little kids into the house and such under those circumstances. Yet, like I said, I'm not in the really bad areas. I too have gotten caught on dead-end streets while looking for property or trying to find a friends house and pretty much panicked while trying to back up and turn around. There are actually people living in some of those trailers that have rust holes so large you can see in them.
    That sounds like a problem for ABT to handle. Give Tony Cornman a call, when he's not busy trying to get votes, while on leave from his supervisory role with the State ABT, maybe he can have someone from his office look into the gas station. Do you live in Bay County?

  33. #79

    Don't take offense

    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    That sounds like a problem for ABT to handle. Give Tony Cornman a call, when he's not busy trying to get votes, while on leave from his supervisory role with the State ABT, maybe he can have someone from his office look into the gas station. Do you live in Bay County?
    I am being serious when I suggest contacting the ABT Office. I could not resist the jab a the candidate, I know he has addressed the Bay County issue but it still is the topic of many a conversation...

  34. #80
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Westernish end.
    Posts
    20,248
    Images
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    That sounds like a problem for ABT to handle. Give Tony Cornman a call, when he's not busy trying to get votes, while on leave from his supervisory role with the State ABT, maybe he can have someone from his office look into the gas station. Do you live in Bay County?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    I am being serious when I suggest contacting the ABT Office. I could not resist the jab a the candidate, I know he has addressed the Bay County issue but it still is the topic of many a conversation...
    If you're referring to the BP station on back beach it's a non-issue as it has been closed for over a year now.

  35. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Santa Rosa Beach
    Posts
    4,895
    Images
    15
    I think they a referring to the gas station at 393 and 98, no?

    no non-affluent neighborhoods in So. Walton?? Are you kidding me?

    There's "the other side of the tracks" in every community.

  36. #82
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Westernish end.
    Posts
    20,248
    Images
    189
    Oh yeah, that was a true dive.

  37. #83

    might be better off

    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    That sounds like a problem for ABT to handle. Give Tony Cornman a call, when he's not busy trying to get votes, while on leave from his supervisory role with the State ABT, maybe he can have someone from his office look into the gas station. Do you live in Bay County?
    Might as well call someone who gives a darn. Obviously the sheriff doesnt.
    Last edited by Seeker1; 07-31-2008 at 09:11 PM.
    Standing in the middle of the political road will only get you run over.

  38. #84
    Yes, I was referring to the one at 393/98. Sorry, but I was thoroughly happy to see that closed down. It was difficult to even drive up 393 after 10pm or so because of the number of people stumbling around on the side of the road.

    We definitely have an "other side of the tracks" here. 30A seems idyllic, but you only have to go a few blocks north of 98 to see the product of a hospitality/service industry based economy that offers low wages and plenty of "under the table" work for those without citizenship.
    CK

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to ckhagen For This Useful Post:


  40. #85

    Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker1 View Post
    Might as well call someone who gives a darn. Obviously the sheriff doesnt.
    Good Point, thanks. We'll see if anything gets done...

  41. #86

    Poverty

    Quote Originally Posted by ckhagen View Post
    Yes, I was referring to the one at 393/98. Sorry, but I was thoroughly happy to see that closed down. It was difficult to even drive up 393 after 10pm or so because of the number of people stumbling around on the side of the road.

    We definitely have an "other side of the tracks" here. 30A seems idyllic, but you only have to go a few blocks north of 98 to see the product of a hospitality/service industry based economy that offers low wages and plenty of "under the table" work for those without citizenship.
    I do agree with you. That area was a Meth Lab Haven a few years ago. Some of Walton's finer citizens live up that way (Check State Probation). I am not saying all people living there are bad...just so we're clear.

    I agree with your assessment of the hospitality/service industry based...we had a thread on that awhile back, hot, hot, hot topic....

    To clairify, I will agree that there are areas in Walton County that are non-affluent, but I guess my original point should have been, I've seen much worse. Fair enough?

    w

  42. #87
    Who do want to own the sheriff? Hilton and gang run the county. Don't be duped again.
    Vote for someone who is not supported by this gang.

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to princepesa For This Useful Post:


  44. #88
    Wake up and smell the roses people. The gang is alive and well.

  45. The Following User Says Thank You to princepesa For This Useful Post:


  46. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Walton County
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by princepesa View Post
    Wake up and smell the roses people. The gang is alive and well.
    The "Watcher" is running for County Commissioner... (just a guess...lol)! Part of "The Gang." We call 'em the "Good 'Ol Boys!"

    Cornman isn't in the 'network' is he? Get your licks in now, he'll be our new Sheriff!
    He has my vote.
    I am just an ordinary Walton County tax payer (NOT running for ANY office!) that has seen the GOB's run my town into the dirt.
    Last edited by HenryHawk; 08-06-2008 at 11:57 PM.

  47. #90

    Mis Informed Again

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryHawk View Post
    The "Watcher" is running for County Commissioner... (just a guess...lol)! Part of "The Gang." We call 'em the "Good 'Ol Boys!"

    Cornman isn't in the 'network' is he? Get your licks in now, he'll be our new Sheriff!
    He has my vote.
    I am just an ordinary Walton County tax payer (NOT running for ANY office!) that has seen the GOB's run my town into the dirt.
    Yup, you guessed it. I am running for Commissioner (do you know what district?), I am a "Good 'Ol Boy" and I am part of "The Gang". If you only knew how silly that statement makes you look to those who read and post on here. It is no wonder that you support a candidate like T. Cornman. His own employees don't even like him.

    You should take some time to do research before making a post that calls attention to the fact that you did not do any said research. (read it again, it will make sense). Way to support your guy, keep it up.

  48. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Walton/Okaloosa County and a little south alabama thrown in.
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Yup, you guessed it. I am running for Commissioner (do you know what district?), I am a "Good 'Ol Boy" and I am part of "The Gang". If you only knew how silly that statement makes you look to those who read and post on here. It is no wonder that you support a candidate like T. Cornman. His own employees don't even like him.

    You should take some time to do research before making a post that calls attention to the fact that you did not do any said research. (read it again, it will make sense). Way to support your guy, keep it up.

    Hey Watcher, I thought you were running for President. I had no idea that you had lowered your standards to a mere commissioner. Maybe when you are elected you can replace the cooking school with a research class.

  49. #92

    funny again

    Quote Originally Posted by idlewind View Post
    Hey Watcher, I thought you were running for President. I had no idea that you had lowered your standards to a mere commissioner. Maybe when you are elected you can replace the cooking school with a research class.
    After just quick research, is it not funny how many mystery posters disapear after being shut down by the BS Police on SoWal? I just checked several posts that were "hot" topix, but have fallen off as have their supporters. It is very easy to see the forest through the trees in SoWal...

    w

  50. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker1 View Post
    Do we want a new Sheriff elected on BIG BUSINESS donations or one who will work for the people, while stimulating and supporting healthy growth as well?

    w
    [/quote]

    Actually I prefer to have a sheriff that will just do his freakin' job and let others do theirs.
    As for hilton being a contributor, didnt he build something in town? HMM. Didnt he also give huge to quinn? Hmm.
    Anyone can contribute to anyone, thats the beauty of it. But ya cant help but wonder in some cases..........why.
    I prefer grass roots contributing, see who the PEOPLE support. Not business. Theres a big difference there.
    Mike already went back on his word to the city when he told them he had no intentions of running for sheriff. Some call it mis-speaking, some call it misleading.
    Whatever it is makes a weak foundation to build upon.[/quote]

  51. #94
    wow....talk about a bump....
    If I were President, I'd paint the White House pink!

  52. #95
    Originally, Mike had no intentions of running for sheriff. Then, as Chief of Police, trying to work with the county, he realized how egotistical and corrupt our Sheriff is. I live in the county, and had a problem with drugs in my neighborhood. for nearly three years, I tried to get something done with it through WCSD. I managed to get Ralph's home # and when he got tired of me calling, he finally saw me at his office once. After that, I was always told he was in meetings, out for the day,etc. So, I started taking a book and telling the secretary to just come and get me when he was available. I had to camp out at WCSD to see Ralph Johnson. I made one call to Chief Adkinson. He put me in contact with the right people and a bust was made within 2 weeks. I don't care who pays for his campaign. If I had a load of money, I would have contributed endlessly. Ralph Johnson has let the county down. He has bullied his employees, fired some who needed it and some who should have had his position. He has wasted thousands and thousands of taxpayer dollars. What did Mike do when Ralph dropped him from the 911 system? He got his own, with DONATED equipment. Most of his officer's salaries have greatly increased, he treats them with respect, bringing to the city officers who love and care about their jobs. He has passed ordinances to keep sex offenders out of parks where our children play, to discourage illegals from wanting to live here,just to name a few things. I personally saw the difficulty he had in communicating with the sheriff's office. I persoanlly saw that the deputies wanted to communicate with the city but were too afraid of losing their jobs. Mike has accomplished much in the city while Ralph has been busy hiding from the public for 8 years. Enough. The current sheriff is a disgrace to our county. I can't wait to see the changes Mr. Adkinson will bring to our county.

  53. #96
    He has passed ordinances to keep sex offenders out of parks where our children play,

    City Marshalls can pass ordinances?

  54. #97
    Now come on Swampfox, you know better than that. He prepared it and presented it to the city councel who approved it and made it an ordinance. Lets not poke at someone who is standing up for their candidate.

  55. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by rlightner View Post
    Originally, Mike had no intentions of running for sheriff. Then, as Chief of Police, trying to work with the county, he realized how egotistical and corrupt our Sheriff is. I live in the county, and had a problem with drugs in my neighborhood. for nearly three years, I tried to get something done with it through WCSD. I managed to get Ralph's home # and when he got tired of me calling, he finally saw me at his office once. After that, I was always told he was in meetings, out for the day,etc. So, I started taking a book and telling the secretary to just come and get me when he was available. I had to camp out at WCSD to see Ralph Johnson. I made one call to Chief Adkinson. He put me in contact with the right people and a bust was made within 2 weeks. I don't care who pays for his campaign. If I had a load of money, I would have contributed endlessly. Ralph Johnson has let the county down. He has bullied his employees, fired some who needed it and some who should have had his position. He has wasted thousands and thousands of taxpayer dollars. What did Mike do when Ralph dropped him from the 911 system? He got his own, with DONATED equipment. Most of his officer's salaries have greatly increased, he treats them with respect, bringing to the city officers who love and care about their jobs. He has passed ordinances to keep sex offenders out of parks where our children play, to discourage illegals from wanting to live here,just to name a few things. I personally saw the difficulty he had in communicating with the sheriff's office. I persoanlly saw that the deputies wanted to communicate with the city but were too afraid of losing their jobs. Mike has accomplished much in the city while Ralph has been busy hiding from the public for 8 years. Enough. The current sheriff is a disgrace to our county. I can't wait to see the changes Mr. Adkinson will bring to our county.
    I agree with you. I am glad to see a citizen standing up and doing the right thing and getting involved in the community.

  56. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by leo101 View Post
    Now come on Swampfox, you know better than that. He prepared it and presented it to the city councel who approved it and made it an ordinance. Lets not poke at someone who is standing up for their candidate.


    Ok fine you caught me I didnt mean to poke at him I was just a bit confused. Thanx for the clarification leo101. But seriously what city councel wouldnt pass that? It was a great idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Great Sheriffs race article,,,
    By 5th Gen Local in forum Local Government and Groups
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 12:17 PM
  2. YOLO Announces Stand-Up Paddle Race
    By bentley williams in forum Sports and Recreation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 02:27 PM
  3. Pennsylvania Dem primary
    By BeachSiO2 in forum SoWal Lounge
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 11:43 PM
  4. My withdrawal from the Sheriff's race.
    By Josh Sconiers in forum Local Government and Groups
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 09:12 AM
  5. Upcoming Sheriff's Race - Josh Sconiers
    By Josh Sconiers in forum Local Government and Groups
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 05:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •