Thread: Where do you get massages on 30A?

Images

Where do you get massages on 30A?

With all the talk about exercise on graytonbeach.com, let me raise another question. Where do people get the best massages and how much do they cost. Anyone know anyone very trustworthy who comes to the house to give massages?
    Paula

Images

Re: Where do you get massages on 30A?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula
    With all the talk about exercise on graytonbeach.com, let me raise another question. Where do people get the best massages and how much do they cost. Anyone know anyone very trustworthy who comes to the house to give massages?
    Paula, I have heard second hand from local BnB (with good taste and high standards of service) that Ocean Elements Day Spa in Gulf Place is possible spot for you. I can not remember the guy's real name, go figure, and not sure about pricing or home massage. However, I think he does a good deal of business by appointment, whether in the spa or at home. Good luck, and let us know if you find a good one.

Moondance

Images

We have used Craig & Nancy McLaughlin at Advanced Therapeutic Massage, Grayton Beach, on a number of occasions and are very pleased with them. Both give an excellent massage at a very reasonable price, one hour for $60 and a half-hour session for $35. These prices are for Swedish/Relaxation. Deep Muscle work is one hour for $70 and a half-hour for $40. They will come to your home, and it's a good idea to book as far ahead as possible. In addition to massage, they also offer facials and other spa treatments such as body wraps and spa package deals. There are two treatment rooms available at their offices if you don't want them to come to the house. They offer yoga classes at Seaside, too. Here's the contact info: 131 DeFuniak Street (around back, upstairs), Grayton Beach, telephone (850)231-4220.

Support local businesses!!

For the Health of It!!!!

Great folks and very, very reasonable prices. $55 for one hours compared with up to $100 per hour at other places in the area.

My friends and I all went for massages at For the Health of It in Blue Mtn last October and we all agreed they were the best we'd ever had. Their prices are very reasonable and the massage rooms were very peaceful.

Images

Thanks everybody. I'll be taking a vacation with 3 of my women friends in the fall and massages would be a fine way to spend some time. Any other great recommendations for the weekend? I'm familiar with much of 30A, but I've always gone with the kids, so this is a different kind of weekend.
    Paula

Images

I think Smiling JOe has something set up in his garage

Thanks everybody. I'll be taking a vacation with 3 of my women friends in the fall and massages would be a fine way to spend some time. Any other great recommendations for the weekend? I'm familiar with much of 30A, but I've always gone with the kids, so this is a different kind of weekend.
    Send pics, I might have time in my schedule.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter
    I think Smiling JOe has something set up in his garage
    That was a few months back, and it is a long story, and RiverOtter thought he was making a joke! Watch out brotha. Craig and Nancy, in Grayton, are my picks for off premise massage, while For the Health of It, in Blue Mtn Bch, is my pick for on premise. I am due for one very soon.

I hear that For The Health Of It has very convenient gift certificates for family, friends, or property checker outers.
    www.shopforthehealthofit.com
    Connect with SoWal   

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kurt
    I hear that For The Health Of It has very convenient gift certificates for family, friends, or property checker outers.
    www.shopforthehealthofit.com
    Now that is one certificate which I would never refuse. If I was smart, I would schedule an one hour massage per week.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by southof30A
    Send pics, I might have time in my schedule.
    You send a pic first...
    Paula

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling JOe
    That was a few months back, and it is a long story, and RiverOtter thought he was making a joke! Watch out brotha.

Images

Ok, here's a photo of one of my friends and me...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paula

Images

Ok, here's a photo of one of my friends and me...
    Y'all were really putting the pressure on that guy fishing.
    I know I don't get there often enough,
    but God knows I surely try
    It's a magic kind of medicine,
    that no doctor could prescribe.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Landlocked
    Y'all were really putting the pressure on that guy fishing.
    You are so right. I remember my first time surf fishing and people were watching because I am the official entertainment with no one else around. Talk about pressure. I was feeling it. Why is it that everytime I think, "this is going to be the perfect cast," I forget to flip the bail?
    Last edited by Smiling JOe; 08-05-2005 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    We have used Craig & Nancy McLaughlin at Advanced Therapeutic Massage, Grayton Beach, on a number of occasions and are very pleased with them. Both give an excellent massage at a very reasonable price, one hour for $60 and a half-hour session for $35. These prices are for Swedish/Relaxation. Deep Muscle work is one hour for $70 and a half-hour for $40. They will come to your home, and it's a good idea to book as far ahead as possible. In addition to massage, they also offer facials and other spa treatments such as body wraps and spa package deals. There are two treatment rooms available at their offices if you don't want them to come to the house. They offer yoga classes at Seaside, too. Here's the contact info: 131 DeFuniak Street (around back, upstairs), Grayton Beach, telephone (850)231-4220.

Support local businesses!!
    This is great info...thanks! I'll make sure to add it to the information folder we leave for guests. Heck, I may just give it a try next time I'm down there!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by luvthebeach
    This is great info...thanks! I'll make sure to add it to the information folder we leave for guests. Heck, I may just give it a try next time I'm down there!
    It is always a good idea to test the product before recommending it. Looks like if you do this, your next visit will be very rewarding.

It is always a good idea to test the product before recommending it. Looks like if you do this, your next visit will be very rewarding.
    Good idea! For the sake of future renters, I'll just HAVE to endure a massage and spa treatment next visit

Images

Absolutely, SJ. That's really the only reason I go to restaurants and want to get a few massages -- to preview the different places for guests.
    Paula

Images

Absolutely, SJ. That's really the only reason I go to restaurants and want to get a few massages -- to preview the different places for guests.
    Research for rental property? Sounds like a possible tax write off to me. Especially if you are creating a book for your unit to prove it. Is there a CPA on board?

Images

SJ: I love my life... Actually, I'm quite conservative when it comes to tax write-offs. I love my life in part because I try not to have too much to worry about, and being conservative when it comes to taxes leads to fewer worries...
    Last edited by Paula; 08-05-2005 at 05:24 PM.
    Paula

Images

FYI ....I like the way Brits say massage...emphasis on the first syllable. Sounds like the're having more fun.!!!!